Most Recent Articles
Christian Martial Arts
AWCA Distance Learning Program
Wing Tsun Training 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Anywhere In The World
The only thing I can say is that if someone is even THINKING about enrolling in the AWCA Distance Learning Program, stop thinking about it and just DO IT. It will be one of the best training decisions you ever made.
From: Phil Bradley
Subject: AWCA Distance Learning Program
Dear Wing Tsun friends and colleagues,
Since founding the AWCA in March 1993, I have been an avid Internet user (remember 14.4 kb dial-up modems? You could start the sign-on process and make breakfast before you even had a connection).
And along the way, I was always receiving emails from those around the world asking about online instruction since they didn’t have schools in their area. Having the opportunity of being in a technical field that lended itself to online education, I began creating a program that would be unlike any other out there.
Most programs offer a stack of training videos and a plethora of manuals that you have to wade through (expensive right from the start), and when you’re ready, you then have to physically travel to the school in order to test (also another expense). Testing fees, airfare, hotel, food… and all for testing something that you “hope” you were training properly along the way.
I’ve heard the comments that these programs don’t work, and you know what? You’re absolutely right. They don’t! Sure, there are some here and there that were successful, but if something doesn’t work for the masses and in accordance with acceptable adult learning guidelines, then in my opinion it’s not a solution.
And that’s where the AWCA Distance Learning Program is different.
Since its inception in 2001, the AWCA Distance Learning Program has helped practitioners all over the world realize their dream for learning Wing Tsun Kuen. Participation is literally global, with members around the world and the United States.
What Makes Our Program So Effective?
Our program is challenging, rewarding, and focused on your progress. You have the goal of learning real Wing Tsun Kuen, and the AWCA will help you reach that goal. Our program works just like you would experience if you were physically at our gym.
For example, would you learn the complete Siu-Nim-Tau and all drills, applications, concepts and theories in one sitting? Of course not. Even if you could digest all of that information, who could use it when you had to really protect yourself? Yet that is what you will see most distance-related programs being based on. You get a stack of videos, a ton of manuals, and expected to go it alone until it’s time to test.
At the AWCA, our vision is one of providing training just like we do in the gym: you go step-by-step through easily-managed videos, one study guide, and you work the videos in order. Along the way, I’m always here to answer any questions. In fact, I recommend that we get together on Skype or work through video feedback sessions so that I know you’re training properly along the way vs. having to go back and correct something.
Like the saying goes, if you don’t have the time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?
Today’s fast-paced environment demands the tools to keep up, and that’s why our program is completely online vs. physical media delivered to you. There are no DVDs, etc; instead, everything is online and fully downloadable.
If you have an Internet connection, you’re good to go. And to make sure you can access your training when “not” connected, you can access your downloaded training materials without having to have a connection.
The reason we are online vs. physical media is because I make a lot of updates, add more videos, and consistently work to make everything better. Because it is online, I can make the updates and you get them instantly vs. waiting for something to be mailed to you.
The AWCA program allows you to discover how easy it is to learn Wing Tsun at your own pace, yet still be part of a world wide organization. And unlike most distance learning programs, we created ours in consultation with and guidance from professional distance learning educators. With their recommendations, we have a proven process for how the program is delivered (after all, hundreds of satisfied and hard-working accomplished practitioners can’t be wrong!)
Step-By-Step Training Videos
Narrated, full and slow-motion videos that take you step-by-step through real-time Wing Tsun training. Train at your own pace, pause, rewind, and play over and over through the complete Wing Tsun system, including:
Access to "Volume 1: Siu-Nim-Tau"
Every membership includes free access to Volume 1: Siu-Nim-Tau. This detail-intensive workbook includes:
- Over 70mb of narrated full and slow-motion videos.
- 180+ photos of the complete Siu-Nim-Tau form.
- 3-step drills & applications covering the core of Siu-Nim-Tau, which is the foundation of Wing Tsun Kuen.
- In-depth concepts and theories of Siu-Nim-Tau training.
- PLUS, when you complete the Siu-Nim-Tau, you are granted free access to the next training eBook in order to continue your studies. Every eBook is free when you complete the curriculum and are ready to move to the next.
Bonus eBook: "How To Train Wing Tsun"
Originally written just for my students, “How To Train Wing Tsun” is a collection of keypoints for making the most of your training efforts. With important training proverbs passed down from teacher to student over the last 300 years – as well as my own observations for today’s modern training situations – “How To Train Wing Tsun” will greatly accelerate your understanding of each nuance for each form and its curriculum.
- Chapter 1: The Five Stages of Learning. Understanding the five stages of learning and how to take a simple process for applying it to any level of training.
- Chapter 2: Forms Training. Forms training is more than just mimicking what you see; instead, there are a variety of elements that can help you get the most from your efforts if you know about them. With this chapter, you will.
- Chapter 3: Specialized Training. Utilizing Chi-sau, Lap-sau and Chi-gerk during sparring sessions.
- Chapter 4: Creating Power. Still having problems generating the kind of jack-hammer hitting power you know you should be? That will be a thing of the past after working through this chapter.
- Chapter 5: Staying Relaxed. Wing Chun requires a calm, relaxed, explosive nature in order to deliver our fighting methods. Here you will learn how to remain relaxed throughout your rigorous training and sparring sessions.
- Chapter 6: Reality vs. Classroom. Many have approached their training from an unrealistic viewpoint, working dangerous and unworkable actions in the gym and thinking it will work in real life. In this chapter, I’ll show you how to keep your training at a realistic level so that you don’t fall into the trap of training something in a way that can see you hurt when you really need it.
Members-Only Training Section
Your secured members-only section allows you to access your training videos, study guides, and weekly training/fitness training programs for your specific level. As you progress in rank, the next rank is automatically opened up for you.
Whether you access your training from home, work, or on the road, your programs are always available. Gone are the days when you need to be tethered to just one computer or lug around a bunch of manuals or DVDs. Today’s world of technology is fully exploited in your program, and you can make the most of it right here!
Weekly Class Broadcasts
Tune in every Saturday to our secured class broadcast. Missed a class? No problem. You can view archived classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our private in-gym camera classroom ensures that you can tune in during every camp, as well as during our yearly West Coast Training Camp.
Note: We have recently switched to a better system and it is currently undergoing testing. It is VERY promising but it is not fully completed yet. At present, class is filmed and then posted to your members-only training section for archived viewing 24/7.
Webcam Sessions for Feedback & Testing
Feedback is essential to proper training. That's why I make real-time testing and feedback available anytime you need it for the personal attention you deserve.
Members-Only Private Bulletin Board & Forum
Stay in touch with your Wing Tsun brothers and sisters around the world with your members-only forum and bulletin board. The forum includes helpful training tips and advice on all aspects of Wing Tsun training, as well as reviews of training equipment and media.
Annual AWCA Training Camps
There are two members-only training camps held every year: one in Phoenix and one in Pennsylvania. While not mandatory, our members are encouraged to attend the camps in order to get hands-on personal training with myself and your Wing Tsun family from around the world.
Camps are 2 very intensive days of sunup-to-sundown training for each level. This means that no matter what your level is, you will always receive hands-on personal training for your level, plus the next.
These are closed camps and not open to the public. They are made available only to AWCA members so that our members can get to us for personal and group training.
Officially-recognized Ranking & Certification
Regardless of where we all happen to live, all members of the AWCA are one family. Therefore, we make no distinction between a student personally here and a student in our distance program.
To that end, and unlike other schools, all AWCA rank recognition is standard throughout our organization. There are no deviations between certification issued here or around the world.
Personally, I don’t even like the term “distance learning” because it can denote a sense of being separated from us. On the contrary, ALL of my members are a part of my Wing Tsun family, regardless of where they happen to live. And that is why I make no distinction in ranking or certification. Everyone is required to work the exact same curriculums, and therefore, they receive the exact same ranking.
Want to get your family or spouse involved? No problem. Instead of multiple accounts and enrollments, every member can include another family member at no extra cost vs. having multiple accounts. You can share resources and save, while also having a great activity for everyone to enjoy.
30-Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee
Take the AWCA Distance Learning Program for a test spin for a full 30 days. If you’re not completely satisfied, simply cancel your subscription within 30 days and receive a full no-questions-asked refund. No muss, no fuss, and no hard feelings.
So How Does The Program Work?
Working with the AWCA’s Distance Learning Program is efficient, easy, and very straight-forward.
- Your Wing Tsun journey begins with Student Grade 1. Simply access your secured member-only training area, download the study guide and videos (or access online, too!), and then work through each video in order.
- You will also be using the AWCA’s official training curriculum, Volume 1: Siu-Nim-Tau, for more learning and knowledge enhancement. Note: You will also be seeing our workbooks available online so that it can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Need help along the way or have a question? I’m always available for you. Anything and everything, help is just an email or phone call away.
- When you’re ready to test, you have multiple options: private webcam session, videos sent through email, videos posted on YouTube or DropBox, and even videos burned to DVD. The choice is yours!.
- After passing each rank, you receive your certificate and rank patch, and then receive access to the next level for continuation through the system. If more work needs to be done, I will personally guide you through what’s needed.
What Do Our Members Think?
Hi Si-Fu Phil… Something happened the other day that I wanted to tell you about. As I was picking my wife up from work, I had an encounter with a guy (my fault but I immediately apologized, which he didn’t want to hear of it). Long story short, he took a swing at me, to which I used a rear-arm Fook-dar and chain-punched him to the ground. The rear-hand defense saved my life, so THANK YOU for making the AWCA DLP possible!
Si-Fu Phil… I want to personally thank you for making the AWCA Distance Learning Program available. Serving in the military and being deployed all over the world means that regular attendance at a school is impossible. Finding the AWCA DLP allows me to continue my training, even to the point that now I create study groups at each new station. All military members should give the AWCA program a try. No matter where you go, the AWCA will be with you.
I finally found what works for my schedule and hectic lifestyle.
Si-Fu… Thanks for making such a great program available for those that don’t have qualified schools in their area. It’s a great comfort knowing I can finally train real Wing Chun with a real organization!
Great videos and easy to understand training makes this just what I have always looked for.
The core blocks of learning keeps me from getting bogged down. Great idea!
Si-Fu Phil… I spent a long time looking at every Wing Chun distance program I could find and comparing them side-by-side. I chose the AWCA because of the many features it offers and it’s definitely the best training decision I’ve ever made. Thank you for making this possible!
Of course, investing in your training can also bring up the question about refunds. Well I’ve got you covered there, too, because I’m taking all the risk out of it for you.
30 Day No Questions Asked
Money Back Guarantee
I stand behind every product and service we create. That’s why I offer a complete 100% 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee. If you're not completely satisfied with the AWCA Distance Learning Program, simply let me know within 30 days and you will receive a full refund. No questions asked.
Enrollment & Getting Started
Many schools charge $75 to as high as $120 a month (I’ve heard of some even charging as high as $300 an hour for a private session). And that doesn’t take into account the time of getting there and back, the gas getting there and back, or time away from your family while training.
But you won’t find such exorbitant fees with the AWCA.
I believe that Wing Chun training should be easily accessible, but also affordable. That’s also why I refuse to have contracts. I don’t believe in them. Never have, never will.
You’re here because you want to learn Wing Chun, NOT because you’re financially bound or have to be. If it takes a contract to keep you here? I’d rather you go somewhere else (and trust me, you’ll definitely find them).
I only want those that have a true desire and passion to make a real difference for themselves.
Before the AWCA, I was paying $90 a month with a contract I couldn’t get out of. Because of an illness, I could no longer train but was still being charged. After it was over and I was better, I found the AWCA. After just a couple of months, I learned even more with Si-Fu Phil than I did at the previous school. Thanks, Si-Fu Phil, for actually caring about your students and doing the right thing by us.
In other words, we keep things pretty simple here.
- Initial Enrollment: One-time payment of $60.00
- Monthly Fee: $19.95 (doesn't begin until 30 days AFTER enrollment)
That’s right. For only $19.95 (nowadays, that's about the price of a large pizza), you'll have continued access to train and study Wing Chun Kuen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at your own pace and your own schedule.
- Step-by-step training videos through each curriculum of Wing Tsun Kuen.
- Start off right with "Volume 1: Siu-Nim-Tau"
- Secured Members-Only section for your videos, study guides, and training programs.
- Weekly class broadcasts so you can tune-in on class, plus access to archived classes.
- Private webcam sessions for feedback & testing.
- Members-Only bulletin board & forum.
- Invitation to all annual AWCA-only training camps.
- Officially-recognized rank recognition & certification.
- 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee. No risk to you at all!
- $60.00 to enroll, $19.95 per month that doesn't even begin until a full 30 days later.
If you’re done wasting time with other programs or scouring the Internet for bits and pieces, then the AWCA Distance Learning Program is waiting for you. Our program is all about helping you realize the dream of learning real Wing Chun, and doing it in a way that works with your lifestyle.
I look forward to working with you and sharing the journey!
To your training success,
Arizona Wing Chun Association
Remember, the AWCA Distance Learning Program is intended only for those that actually want to learn Wing Chun Kuen. It is a step-by-step progressive journey, and and you are provided all of the tools you need to make that happen.
If watching videos is all you want, then go to YouTube. There are plenty of demonstrations out there to see. You can spend hours and hours with some great videos, too, but good luck knowing if what you were learning really works when you need it.
If attaining a real, usable skill set is what you’re after? If you’re done wasting your time? Then you’ve come to the right place. I won’t kid you, though. It won’t be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is. I’ll work you hard and long, and I require all of my students to work diligently. Our art deserves nothing less.
Minimum System Requirements
The AWCA Distance Learning Program is an online training course. All materials are digitally-delivered. There are no physical shipments.
- All videos are in MP4 format and viewable on both Windows and Apple operating systems. If intending to view the videos on a mobile device, please ensure that your device can view the MP4 format prior to enrollment.
- All training guides are available both online and in PDF format. While viewable online and on all devices, please ensure your device of choice can view PDF-formatted documents prior to enrollment.
- “Volume 1: Siu-Nim-Tau” is a Windows-only eBook. It is designed exclusively for the Windows operating system and is not compatible with Apple, Kindle, Nook or other platforms. HOWEVER, many of our members are Mac users and have said that a program called Winebottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/) WILL run our eBooks.
Enroll in the AWCA Distance Learning Program
PayPal Secured Payment Network
The AWCA uses the 128-bit security encrypted PayPal payment network as the safe, reliable way to keep your purchases secured and confidential. PayPal accepts all major credit cards, signature debit cards, and eChecks.
IMPORTANT: PayPal is the ONLY method we use for enrollment and monthly fees. We do not accept wire transfers, over-the-phone payments, check by postal mail, or any other kind of payment, so please do not inquire if we can. PayPal is the only payment method we can accept and we cannot process any payments outside of that.
To enroll in the AWCA program, you will need to create a free account.
Click the Subscribe button above. If you are already a PayPal member, simply enter your username and password. If you need to create a PayPal account, select “I need to create a PayPal account” and fill in the form. Click Continue when done and that’s that!
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent this product and its potential. Results vary with every individual, and your results may or may not be different from those depicted. No promises, guarantees, or warranties should be implied that you will produce the same results as those mentioned as a result of purchasing and/or using this product. Your efforts are individual and unique, and they may vary from those shown. Your success depends on your efforts and motivation.